With the river currently at high levels, PS Emmylou will be visiting Koondrook for the first time in over 20 years. Due to COVID-related cruise cancellations, we have an exciting opportunity to offer these exciting expedition cruises. You will feel like a pioneer as Emmylou explores parts of the river rarely seen downstream from Torrumbarry Weir as she travels through Lock 26. Enjoy secluded Victorian bush moorings only available to Emmylou when the river runs high and visit the lovely township of Koondrook. For the very first time, we are offering Victorian Regional Guests the opportunity to cruise over 400kms aboard PS Emmylou this one-way 4 Night cruise from Koondrook to Echuca.
This cruise is a one -way cruise departing from Echuca to Koondrook Wharf.
All Cruises SOLD OUT
- New Deluxe air-conditioned Cabins with private ensuites
- The Emmylou Suite for an added touch of luxury and space
- Emmylou longest cruise with over 400km of rarely seen parts of the river
- See Echuca/Moama’s new bridge from the river as construction nears completion
- Experience cruising through Lock 26 at Torrumbarry Weir
- All-day cruising to relax and see Australian wildlife
- After dinner campfires at remote bush moorings
- Enjoy fresh seasonal local produce prepared by your onboard Chef
- Native wildlife in their natural environment
- Local Skipper Commentary
Deposit & Car Parking
- Deposit $400pp with full payment due 7 days from cruise date once departure is confirmed
- Undercover Secure Car Parking $25 per night
If you are arriving by car with reserved car parking, please meet our crew 1 hour prior to departure at our Car Parking Station located at 19-29 Cornelia Creek Road Echuca. Check-in will be completed by our crew with luggage and passengers transferred to PS Emmylou for departure.
- Onboard Accommodation
- Coach transfer from Koondrook back to Echuca
- Regionally inspired Chef prepared meals
- Morning & afternoon teas
- Complimentary wine and beer at dinner service
- Espresso Coffee, Tea & Bottled Water
- Complimentary Wifi throughout the boat
- All Gratuities
- Complimentary transfer to Koondrook for boarding
Departing Echuca downriver, enjoy a welcome afternoon tea with freshly made Australian scones, jam & cream with tea and coffee as you begin to relax and enjoy the sights and sounds of the river. Time to relax or take the opportunity to chat with the Engineer and Skipper in the wheelhouse about the rich history of the river and PS Emmylou. As the sun starts to set over the river, time for an evening cocktail before your chef prepared welcome dinner. Listen to the river birds evening chorus, watch for kangaroos, wombats, egrets and many other species of birds as the stars begin to appear. Late afternoon we arrive at Torrumbarry Weir. Here you can take a walk across the weir and visit the Interpretive Centre learning about the Murray Darling Basin, the Weir and lock
system which dates back to 1923. After dinner, it is movie night, with a special presentation of “Riverboats Remembered” a fabulous historical presentation about the riverboats of mid 1850s along the Murray River
This morning we navigate through the Lock at Torrumbarry Weir. Watch the Skipper manoeuvre Emmylou into the lock with the wide gates locking behind the boat. The lock will be lowered, and Emmylou will be on her way. Today you will see parts of the river not seen by our guests for over 20 years as Emmylou steams her way downstream towards Koondrook.
This section of the river is teeming with nature and birdlife so time to get your binoculars out and spot some of the local wildlife. Tonight we moor at a bush mooring where you can disembark and explore the surrounding area. After dinner relax with a beverage around a campfire with your fellow guests enjoying the starlight sky and stillness of the bush.
Departing our bush mooring Emmylou continues to explore the river downstream with a full day of cruising. This winding section of the river is one of the most beautiful areas of the river with Willow Trees and native vegetation lining the river banks. Take the time to enjoy nature at its finest as PS Emmylou slowly winds her
way down the river. Tonight enjoy a second bush mooring and campfire.
This morning we depart our bush mooring for the short cruise into the lovely township of Koondrook where Emmylou has not visited for over 20 years. Docking at the fabulous new Koondrook wharf where your coach will be waiting for your return transfer to Echuca.