Our 4 Night Murray River Explorer Cruise slowly explores over 190kms of the Murray’s smooth curves and will leave you feeling relaxed, recharged and bursting with knowledge about the majestic Murray River region.
While on board, our skipper will share stories of the bygone years and of how paddle steamers propelled Echuca into the largest inland port in Australia. Onshore tours will have you disembarking at places of historical, geographical and cultural significance including the Torrumbarry Weir, historic Perricoota Station, Restdown Winery and UNESCO world heritage-listed Barmah Wetlands. We will dine under the lights of the Southern constellations with our signature riverside dining, complete with a river campfire and roasting of marshmallows.
4 Night Murray River Explorer Cruise
Final 2022 Cabins - Save 10% - Book Now!
- Guided tour of Restdown Winery and lunch with owners
- Guided historical tour of Perricoota Station
- Lagoon Wetlands & Goulburn River Eco Cruise
- Visit to Torrumbarry Weir
- Riverside BBQ Dining under the stars & campfire
- Ample time to absorb the gorgeous surroundings and watch and listen to the local Australian wildlife
- All-day cruising with historical commentary
- Luxury air-conditioned cabin with private ensuite
- All onboard meals including morning & afternoon tea
- Two onshore tours
- Regionally-inspired meals prepared by onboard chef
- Complimentary selected wine & beer with dinner service
- Espresso coffee, tea, soft drink & bottled water
- Complimentary WIFI throughout the boat
- Complimentary transfer to/from Echuca Train Station
Twin or Double Bed Cabins $2240pp
Queen Bed Cabins $2320pp
Emmylou Suite $2760pp
- Melbourne Hotel Stay & Return Vehicle Transfers – $920 per couple / $820 Solo Traveller
- Melbourne Return Only Vehicle Transfer – $670 per couple / $570 Solo Traveller
- See full details and further options HERE
Deposit & Car Parking
- A deposit of $400pp is required to secure the booking, with full payment due 90 days from cruise date.
- Undercover secure car parking available for cars at $25 per night. For larger vehicles please contact us directly.
- Please meet our crew 1 hour prior to departure at our Car Parking Station located at 19-29 Cornelia Creek Road Echuca. Check-in will be completed by our crew with luggage and passengers transferred to PS Emmylou for departure.
- Cruise departs at 2.30pm and returns at 9.30am
Guest Post Cruise Survey
As you depart Echuca and steam downstream, enjoy an afternoon Devonshire tea, take in the sights and sounds of the river and get to know your fellow cruisers. There’s ample time to chat with the skipper in the wheelhouse to learn about PS Emmylou, her river history or simply relax in your private cabin. When the sun begins to set, this marks the start of ‘Happy Hour’.
Enjoy a drink in the saloon before a chef-prepared welcome dinner. Listen to the river birds’ evening chorus and watch for kangaroos, wombats, and many species of birds as the stars begin to appear.
Tonight, we moor at the famous Perricoota Station, the property first settled by James Maiden in 1843, and famous for starring in the TV mini series “All the River Run” where PS Emmylou was renamed PS Providence.
Courtesy Greg Grainger – Travel OZ
After a hearty breakfast, it’s off to Restdown Winery, producers of fine organic wines and Hereford beef. Join the property’s owners for a guided tour along a 1.4km wetlands walking trail, highlighting items of great Aboriginal significance before a gourmet lunch of local produce and wine tastings. Once back on board, the Emmylou continues its downstream journey, where we dock near Torrumbarry Weir, visit the Interpretive Centre, learn about the Murray Darling Basin and get up close and personal with the impressive weir.
For early risers and keen photographers, the morning mist and wildlife around Torrumbarry is a sight to behold. After breakfast, Emmylou gracefully pivots and steams back upstream towards Perricoota Station.
Here we head off on a half-day excursion first visiting Horseshoe Lagoon, which has great significance to the local Yorta Yorta people. Often described as supermarkets by elders, the lagoon provides a home to native animals. Here you can wonder the elevated boardwalk, indulge in some wildlife spotting and learn about the importance of wetlands and floodplains along the Murray River. It is then time to board our Murray Explorer, cruising upriver to where the Goulburn River enters the mighty Murray. Along the way we will connect the environment and the rich river story from pre European to the early Colonial day of the Riverboats. After enjoying lunch we then visit Morrisons Riverside Winery where you can enjoy complimentary tastings of their fabulous wines
Arriving back at Perricoota Station the skipper will invite you to walk along the historical buildings and immaculate gardens of Perricoota Station before Emmylou continues upriver towards Deep Creek Marina.
Tonight, after dinner it’s Movie Night with a special presentation of “Riverboats Remembered”, a fabulous historical presentation featuring archival footage of the paddle steamers and communities of the Murray River from the early 1900s through to the mid-1970s.
PS Emmylou departs early today for a full day of cruising towards our Layfield Lane mooring. Breakfast can be served on the deck or in the saloon, with plenty of time to relax with a good book or just take in the river views.
Tonight, we enjoy our signature Australian BBQ, lit up by candles on the tables and stars in the sky. After dinner enjoy casual conversation around the campfire, before retiring for the evening.
This morning before breakfast early risers can enjoy a riverside stroll before PS Emmylou then departs for the Port of Echuca where we reluctantly say farewell.