Step aboard the PS Emmylou for a six-night cruise where nature, yesteryear, relaxation and Australian TV history seamlessly blend together into an unforgettable experience.
This cruise, that pays homage to its namesake novel, starring Emmylou as PS Providence, will see you spending your days listening to Kookaburras’ song and watching flocks of galahs fly overhead. Evenings pass watching the sunset through towering Red Gums before the moon rises over the Mighty Murray. You can also partake in movie nights where the 1984 movie adaptation is played, allowing our guests to reminisce about way back when.
Onshore tours will take you to popular and lesser-known places of historical, geographical and cultural significance, where you will learn about the rich history of this beautiful river area.
Just 2 Cabins Left for 2022 - Bok Now
All Inclusive Cruising from $3420pp
- Visit Perricoota Station, where All the Rivers Run was filmed
- Visit Swan Hill Pioneer Settlement
- Visit Lake Bogo Flying Boat Museum
- Visit Barmah Wetlands for an eco-cruise
- Tour of Restdown & St Anne’s Winery and tastings
- Enjoy an Echuca city tour, visiting historical sites
- Riverside Grand BBQ Dining under the stars & campfire
- Relive the All The Rivers Run story with after-dinner movie nights
- Ample time to absorb the gorgeous surroundings and watch and listen to the local Australian wildlife
- All-day cruising with historical commentary
- Luxury air-conditioned cabin with private ensuite
- All onboard meals including morning & afternoon tea
- Four Onshore tours
- Regionally-inspired meals prepared by onboard chef
- Complimentary selected wine & beer with dinner service
- Espresso coffee, tea, soft drink & bottled water
- Complimentary WIFI throughout the boat
- COVID-19 Cruise Well policy
- Complimentary transfer to/from Echuca Train Station
- Melbourne Hotel Stay & Return Vehicle Transfers – $920 per couple / $820 Solo Traveller
- Melbourne Return Only Vehicle Transfer – $670 per couple / $570 Solo Traveller
- See full details and further options HERE
Deposit & Car Parking
- A deposit of $400pp is required to secure the booking, with full payment due 90 days from cruise date.
- Undercover secure car parking available for cars at $25 per night. For larger vehicles please contact us directly.
- Please meet our crew 1 hour prior to departure at our Car Parking Station located at 19-29 Cornelia Creek Road Echuca. Check-in will be completed by our crew with luggage and passengers transferred to PS Emmylou for departure.
Guest Post Cruise Survey
As you depart Echuca and steam downstream, enjoy an afternoon Devonshire tea, take in the sights and sounds of the river and get to know your fellow cruisers. There’s ample time to chat with the skipper in the wheelhouse to learn about PS Emmylou and her river history or to relax in your private cabin. When the sun begins to set, this marks the start of ‘Happy Hour’. Enjoy a drink in the saloon before a chef-prepared welcome dinner is served. Listen to the river birds’ evening chorus and watch for kangaroos and wombats and many other species of birds as the stars begin to appear. Tonight, we moor at the famous Perricoota Station, the property first settled by James Maiden in 1843, and famous for starring in the TV mini series “All the River Run” where PS Emmylou was renamed PS Providence.
Courtesy Greg Grainger – Travel OZ
This morning we leave the paddle steamer and head off on an excursion to the small town of Barmah, just 30 mins away. Nowhere else in the world can you experience such timeless, natural beauty as when gliding through the world-heritage listed Barmah Wetlands on an eco-cruise. As you slip quietly across the water in the dappled shade of towering River Red Gums, it will be no surprise as to why the wetlands are named ‘Wetlands of International Importance’.
A traditional Australian picnic lunch is served on the riverbank before visiting St Anne’s, the region’s largest winery where you’ll enjoy a tour and a taste of their fabulous table and fortified wines. Arriving back at Perricoota Station the skipper will invite you to walk along the historical buildings and immaculate gardens of Perricoota Station before Emmylou continues downstream towards Torrumbarry Weir.
This morning we depart on our day tour, visiting Lake Boga Flying Boat Museum and exploring the famous Swan Hill Pioneer Settlement where lunch is also served. Upon your return to the Emmylou, you can take a guided walk across the weir, visiting the Interpretive Centre and learning about the Murray Darling Basin and the weir and lock system which dates back to 1923.
After dinner, enjoy our movie night with a special presentation of Riverboats Remembered, a fabulous historical presentation featuring archival footage of the paddle steamers and communities of the Murray River from the early 1900s through to the mid-1970s.
This morning PS Emmylou departs cruising back towards Perricoota Station before a visit to Restdown Winery, producers of fine organic wines and Hereford beef. Join the property’s owners for a guided tour along a 1.4km wetlands walking trail highlighting items of great Aboriginal significance, before a gourmet lunch of local produce and wine tastings.
This afternoon we continue our journey upstream, enjoying dinner as we cruise towards our overnight mooring at Deep Creek Marina.
This morning PS Emmylou departs on a full day of cruising towards Layfield Lane, arriving late afternoon. Today you can learn how the 1906 steam engine works with an informative chat from our Engineer.
Tonight, enjoy sampling the delicious range of Pacdon Park UK small goods for entrée before joining your fellow passengers at the riverside grand dining table for our signature Australian BBQ, starlit by the Southern Cross and candles.
After dinner enjoy some yarns sitting around the campfire before retiring for the evening.
Enjoy breakfast on the deck and relax for the morning as we cruise towards the Port of Echuca.
This afternoon you’ll enjoy a fully narrated tour of Echuca and its historic port, once Australia’s largest inland port. You will also visit historical sites and learn about the rich history of this beautiful riverside town.
We cruise upstream from Echuca this afternoon and evening, exploring the upper river and dining as the sun sets before tying up for the evening at Morrisons Winery. Tonight, enjoy a final special presentation of All the Rivers Run.
This morning before breakfast early risers can enjoy a morning bush walk before PS Emmylou departs for the Port of Echuca where we reluctantly say farewell.