Regionally Inspired Dining
Inspired by Australia’s heartland, our onboard chef takes full advantage of our region’s diverse produce to create hearty meals, but with a contemporary flair.
You’ll start your day with a range of continental choices, including delicious pastries, cereals and fresh fruit or a traditional full English breakfast – the choice is yours. With our chef arranging morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea, your focus can remain on the day’s activities, rather than on an empty stomach. Depending upon the cruising itinerary and any onshore tours, these meals may be hot lunches or gourmet picnics on the riverbank. In the evenings, our chef prepares three to five-course dinners.
And, what trip to the Murray is complete without a classic Australian BBQ under the southern stars? Watching the sunset from the banks of the Murray is an extraordinary experience. This time of day really amplifies the sounds of the Murray, as the birds prepare to nest for the evening and they flock overhead. On our three, four and six-night cruises, you’ll be invited to pull up a picnic rug and indulge in this Australian tradition, complete with toasting marshmallows for supper!
We deliberately don’t allocate meal seating while onboard the Emmylou. You are free to sit with fellow passengers and swap stories over a meal or enjoy a quiet dinner with your partner on the deck. The choice is yours.
A wide variety of drinks, including wine, beer, aperitifs and soft drinks, are available from the bar. We are proud to support our local wineries.
Dining aboard Emmylou
- Tantalising lunch and dinners
- Bountiful continental and full breakfast options
- Traditional morning and afternoon teas
- Vegetarian and gluten-free menu options
- Fabulous choice of local and Australian wines and beverages
- Complimentary wine and beer with dinner service
- Free seat dining
- Seasonal alfresco or saloon dining with idyllic river views
- Riverside BBQ dining under the stars on all 3, 4 & 6 night cruises