Cruise Well Program
Your Health and Safety is our Priority
The COVID-19 pandemic has impact across the globe and river cruising along with many other experiences that we’ve come to know and love are changing – and that can be challenging however be assured that we are being proactive and planning for the future.
While there are many unknowns with COVID-19, it is possible for us to help protect our guests and staff, and thus enable a safe return to business by following certain safety measures and guidelines to ensure your river cruise experience is a lasting memoriable experience for you.
Your health and safety are our priority. Our Cruise Well Program is therefor all about ensuring we follow strict hygiene standards and procedures for you and our crews health and safety whilst cruising with us.
We are now accredited as a COVID ready business with NSW Health and ATEC as a business operating inline with the NCCC COVID safe guidelines and other relevant state based guidelines. We are also delighted to be awarded by the World Travel & Tourism Council, the Safe Travel global branding as recognition of our high level of health and hygiene protocols.
You can be assured that when cruising with us, we will be following strict COVID-19 safety guidelines. All our crew have been briefed and trained on appropriate hand hygiene and sanitising practices and we will continue to monitor and maintain these practices to the highest standards.
Pre Cruise Screening
The following outlines the new procedures in place to ensure the health and safety of our guests and crew:
- In accordance with industry standards, we will conduct pre-cruise screenings. Before boarding the boat, all guests will be required to complete a Pre-Cruise Health Questionnaire.
- All guests and crew will complete the pre-cruise health questionnaire and have their temperatures taken. All forms will be reviewed by Management who will reserve the right to deny boarding to anyone that may pose a health risk.
- Because of changes in check-in and boarding processes, no guests or crew will be allowed to check-in directly on the vessel. Only those who have completed and passed the medical screening will be allowed to board the boat.
- Information will be provided to all guests and crew regarding onboard sanitisation and safety procedures.
Monitoring During Your Cruise
Monitoring guests and crew during the cruise for symptoms is vital to maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
- All guess and crew will have their temperature taken daily and upon returning to the boat from an onshore tour.
- Any guest who has an elevated temperature, shows signs or symptoms of illness or the Skipper feels the need to be further assessed will be sent directly to a local medical centre for evaluation and testing. Any guest or crew that tests positive for any contagious condition will not be allowed to rejoin the boat.
- Guests will be required to use hand sanitiser stations prior to boarding at all times throughout the cruise.
- Guests are requested to maintain social distancing guidelines of 1.5m at all times. Dining tables will be separated.
- Guests are encouraged to have the COVID-19 App downloaded to their phone
- Guests may be directed by crew members to designated seated areas to ensure safe distancing on coaches whilst on day tours
- Movement around the boat will be guided by floor markings to promote safe distancing practices.
- Daily cleaning and disinfection of high touch surfaces with high-quality disinfectant will be conducted throughout the cruise to ensure effective germ cleaning for COVID.
- Comprehensive common area and cabin cleaning after each cruise will be completed, for example, tables, hard-backed chairs, doorknobs, handrails, light switches, remotes, bathrooms and ensuites. This includes low touch areas such as carpeted floors, rugs, walls and blinds.
- Main deck common Toilets will not be in use. Guests must use their own ensuite facilities.
- Towels, linens and other items aboard PS Emmylou all go to external high quality laundry services.